Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Another attempt

Well, I am going to try to link to another webpage again. I will try a different webpage and see if that makes a difference.

And it looked like it was there, I was even able to preview the link... but then when I tried to save it I got a message saying I could not save it because of missing tags.

So here is another attempt:

http://smallfarms.typepad.com/photos/beautiful_farms/ellabella.html

and here it is with just cutting and pasting...but when I tried to do the same thing using the link button that did not seem to work. So I am confused as to when you use one or the other. Are they always interchangable.

(March 23, Now that I have attended the drop in workshop I am having more success in linking photos and URL's)


Anyway, the above photo is one I found when I was looking for information about local farmers (local to where I live...Santa Cruz county) and I found this website where someone had posted their photos of farms. This one (EllaBella) is only a few miles from me. I have driven past it a number of times and now I know who they are, and yes it is a very pretty spot. Now that it is Spring in my area, and it is still daylight when I drive home, I am noticing more of what is in bloom, soon it will be the apple orchards!

There are a number of new animals that I could not see before because it was too dark when I passed by, numerous baby goats, lambs, calves and some foals. It is this time of year that makes my long commute seem worth it! And obviously my mind is not on technology and web 2.0.
But I need to push on with RSS feeds. I need to go through all of this by March 30, and I am only here for two days next week. (It is spring break after all...). I am going to try to read as much as I can and do some of basic exercises, because there just is not enough time to do them all, especially if I got bogged down like I did in Flickr. But on comparing notes with many people there are all coming to the same conclusion.

No comments: