Tuesday, March 6, 2007

again with exercise #5...still trying to post image to Flickr

Here are the two pictures I found in Flickr. They are of the original J. Paul Getty Museum in Malibu. These were taken by Maveric2003 and are quite beautiful. I was impressed by how many photos of the Getty are in Flickr...and by how many photos in general that maveric2003 posts. There are some people out there who really spend a lot of time on this.

The reason I chose to look at pictures of the Getty musuem is because I planned to go there this spring. I was there over 10 years ago, just before they closed it for renovations...and it is a wonderful place, and the musuem's collection is not too bad either, (although it appears a lot of it was collected in not the most legitimate circumstances, but that is the world of high finance and antiquities) Say what you will about old J. Paul and what a $%&**# he was, he had good taste and the money to support it. I had plans to go there this Spring, but due to circumstances that I will not bore you with they fell apart, so I am living vicariously through Flickr.




I asked my coworker "Sailing Through L2.0" to help me with this because I knew she had passed this point in the exercises. Apparently when I tried last week I was on the right track, but was missing a step somewhere, so she sat down with me and we went through it again...with success this time! She has been helping many in our office with this project.

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

Lovely photos! You're doing a super job. Call me if you need assistance again, okay. --Christine

Virtual Services Team said...

You have till March 30 to complete the blog if you want to recieve the prize. Don't give up now!